Friday, January 31, 2014

Nathaniel is 15 Months!

My little man is getting so big!  His height and weight have finally picked up!  He's 21 pounds 10 ounces (15th percentile), 31 inches tall (45th percentile), and his head is still big (75th percentile).  He actually really enjoyed his check-up until the shot.  While we waited for the doctor (for forever...), he ran around in a diaper and socks, blowing his nose, throwing things in the trash, sitting in chairs, pulling the doctor's chair around the room, and even dancing.  He sat so well while the doctor examined him.  He's in great health.  No ear infections, even though he has a constantly snotty, runny nose.

He talks non-stop.  He likes to point to a few body parts.  He can find his ears, nose, feet, and belly.  I just taught him eye and he's doing pretty well with that.  After he points to his own ears, nose, etc., he has to point to mine.  He even tries to say the words ("eh," "no," and "beh").  He's learned some animal sounds.  He knows a dog says "uh uh," a cow says "booooo," and a sheep says "baba."  He also knows that a lions, monsters, bears, and giraffes say "raaaaaarrrr."  Not sure where he got that giraffe sound from...

He can still throw a tantrum like nobody's business.

He loves to close doors ("doh"), push chairs in, and throw things away.  If you hand him a tissue, he'll blow his nose and then put the tissue in the trash.  He got in the fridge today and got the milk out, closed the fridge, and then put the milk back in the fridge after I opened the door.

He loves to dance and it's so cute.  He does this sort of stomping thing, spins in a circle, and says "dadadadadada."  He especially loves dancing in the tub. And to commercials that play Lady Gaga songs.

He likes to try and help me get him dressed or undressed.  He loves to try to put his shoes on.  Once his shoes ("soos") are on, he runs for the door.

He loves books more and more everyday and I love that.  Usually, books are the only things that will keep him occupied in the car.  Once he throws a book or toy out of his car seat, he'll reach his arms up and say "buh buh," so I'll hand him a new one.  I keep a stack of books and a few toys on the front seat of the car.

Also, a miracle occurred, and now he's actually napping at daycare!  For the full nap time!  This might sound trivial, but I have prayed every day for months for this kid to just nap at school.  He really needs the sleep.  He naps well at home, and sleeps through the night most nights (8-7).

He's funny and full of energy.  He runs around everywhere and climbs on everything.  When I hold up my phone and tell him to smile, he gets a big grin and starts giggling!

He gives me kisses more and more now.  It's the best.  And he still loves to run up and give me hugs.  Lately, he always has to be sitting on my lap.  He'll bring me a book and sit down.  Or a snack.

 I just love my little man!

Rashy face after a dog dog licked him :(


He only had one cookie to hold in one of his hands.

Throwing his lunch in the trash.

Got my Hamburger Helper.  I'm ready for school.    



This is how he rides his tractor.










2 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy! Can't believe how much he can do! That's great that he loves books! I feel ya on the napping thing! Lily is one tough cookie to get to nap in her own bed! She's sleeping in the sling as week speak! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That big boy! I love all of his new tricks. And I love that picture of him crying about not having a cookie for both hands. First world problems, amiright?

    Yay for naps at daycare! That is seriously, seriously a miracle.

    Also, I never leave the house without my hamburger helper.

    ReplyDelete