Monday, November 24, 2014

Nathaniel is Two!

My baby turned two and I can't believe it. Evelyn was born on October 22 and we ended up being in the hospital until Nathaniel's birthday on the 26th. Luckily we were home that afternoon and didn't have to celebrate in the hospital.

There is so much to say about him and I don't even know where to start. I'll try to keep it from getting out of control.

Nathaniel is 34 3/4 inches tall (60th percentile) and weighs about 28 pounds (50th percentile finally!!!). I bought him some 24-month jeans with a stretchy waistband and they are big on him. I'll never understand the sizing of little kids' clothes. He's in size 4 diapers and size 6 shoes.

He talks non-stop and sings a lot. He loves The Lion King, Monsters Inc., The Muppets, The Little Mermaid, and Adventure Time. He still loves all things Sesame Street as well. He speaks in full sentences and most of the time is grammatically correct. He can repeat almost any word we say to him. He loves all animals and can even point out an octopus and armadillo. He loves dinosaurs now too. He can say "tyrannosaurus" and "dilophosaurus." He also has one of those duck-billed dinosaurs that he calls "dinosaurus goat," and a velociraptor he calls "bisola tractor." I love it.

Some of my favorite things he's said lately are:
"Hey guys. How's it going guys? What the heck, guys?" (talking to his stuffed animals at Lowe's)
"Be quiet baby. Quiet. Quiieettt. Be quiet baby." (riding in the car)
"Baby, baby don't cry. Don't cry baby sister. Baby, baby it's OK. Baby you're fine. Baby sister don't cry."
"My beard hurts."
"The bear is cooking a jelly sandwich. The bear is making soup. The bear is cooking food. Where did the bear go?" (This was while we were on a walk. I'm starting to really worry that we have bears around here.)
"Sarabi!" (Like Scar yells in The Lion King. He randomly yells this)
While using my manual pump: "Nate do it." (pushes lightly on the pump) "It doesn't work."
"I killed it." (when he "breaks" his blocks apart)
"I killed Zazoo." (he broke Zazoo off of a toy)
"I poopin' mommy."
"Stop singing, mommy."
"Going to happen?" (He says this while watching movies he's seen a billion times)
"Hey little punkin." (Said in a whisper to baby sister)
"That's not berry nice!"
"Don't scare Nate, alligator!" (He said this to a poster in the doctor's office)
"Stop holding it, Daddysaurus." (He said this to Jesse when Jesse took his dinosaur so he could strap him in the car seat)
"I'm looking for my father!" (He said this to Jesse)
"I gave you my trust, Mommy!"
"Bye, see you tomorrow."
And my favorite, his random prayer he said while sitting in an ottoman playing. "Henly Father. It's Friday. Jesus of Christ. Amen."

He loves Journey now. He's my kid. He even knows the names of four Journey songs and requests them while we're driving. One day, we listened to "Don't Stop Believin'" 7 times in a row on the way home. He also loves "Wheel in the Sky," "Separate Ways," and "Ask the Lonely." He loves Fleet Foxes and sings along to random words. I'm really glad that my kid likes the same music I like and that I don't have to listen to little kid songs all the time. He still likes little kid songs and we sing lots of them, but having to listen to those in the car would drive me nuts.

He's very sweet with his baby sister. He loves her and likes to touch her a lot. It makes me nervous. When he came to see us in the hospital, he was mostly interested in the ice and playing in the closet. When we went to meet cousin Benjamin, the second we stepped off the elevator he said, "I want ice!" And then he just played in the closet the whole time. He has a great memory.

He remembers the names of everyone he meets and I think he misses his daycare friends. He had a fun last week there and enjoyed his Halloween party. He's the only kid I know who would pick a book out of a bin of candy and want to sit and read it repeatedly. He didn't care much for all the candy and cookies, but he loved his apple juice.

I could go on. But I'll wrap this up so I can post a million pictures. (These are not in order at all)

Last day of daycare. Halloween parade with his bff Olivia.




He flew off the end of a slide and landed on his face. Poor kid.




Halloween party!
His daycare girlfriend.


In his "sand box."







Patrick Swayze pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment