Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And the Crafting Continues...

So, I have a lot of leftover fabric after my quilt project.  I planned on using it to make a crib skirt and curtain for the baby's room.  So, tonight while Jesse was at the church, I pulled out what I have and started coming up with ideas.  Unfortunately, I cut out like twice as many squares as I actually needed for the quilt, so I don't have a lot of large pieces left.  But, I came up with an idea and threw this together:


I still need to sew this little guy on, obviously, but I want to get a fun color of thread first.

 Jesse went ahead and put up the curtain rod!

Our partially put-together baby boy room!  The glider chair my mom ordered came in, and it's soooo comfortable!! Oh, and that's a shutter Jesse found...

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself.  I never knew I could actually enjoy sewing! 

6 comments:

  1. You amaze me, Daughter Dear! The elephant is so cute! Oh, and the rocker is from Mom AND Andrew! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! You're super woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl! Another great addition to the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curtain looks soo good hanging up in there!! His room is really coming together, and your sewing skills are super sa-weet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good! That quilt and curtin is really awesome. I think the "mama" instincts are starting to kick in more =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love that too! Nice job, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete