Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crib Skirt: Almost Done!

I started working on my crib skirt last night.  I don't have a crib yet, but I just used the dimensions of the crib that I want.  Anywho, I looked up a few tutorials, and found one that I thought was the easiest "adjustable" crib skirt.  Instead of sewing the panels to a center piece, you add some strips of ribbon to the tops of each panel and tie them to the springs.  Then, as you lower the crib mattress, you can tie the ribbons farther in.  Here's the tutorial. I still need to get the ribbon.  Other than that, I got the three panels done.  They are definitely a little off, but I don't think anyone will be looking that closely.  After a while, I just wanted to be done!  Also, I need to iron them.





2 comments:

  1. You are a sewing madwoman! Seriously--I'm so impressed with your skills!!! His little room is coming together sooooo well. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to come over and see it...and the curtain! Now we just need to get a crib! Nathaniel is going to have the cutest room ever. Way to go, Mama!

    ReplyDelete