Monday, August 6, 2012

My Dear Jesse

Jesse cracks me up.  He has recently decided he wants to start building stuff.  I'm totally cool with that.  He bought two new saws (well, technically they are used) and I definitely want him to get his money's worth.  Since wood is expensive, he's been collecting random furniture that people leave by the dumpster or side of the road.  I went out on the balcony to get something last week and there were two box springs.  He picked them up so he can take them apart and use the wood.  I called him from my conference this weekend and he said the box springs were taking a long time and that he was now up to five.  When I got back on Sunday,  found some random furniture in our bedroom and the baby's room.  He assured me that he has plans to take these apart and use them to build something else.






I don't know why anyone decided these would look good in red, but oh well.

Here's the wood pile out on the balcony.  More stuff he picked up and the box springs.




He's one of a kind!  But I can't complain, he also cleaned and organized our messy closet in the baby's room.  I don't have a before picture, but it was a mess:


He also hung up some pictures on the walls and found us a headboard.  I think it makes our bed look fancy.  He has plans for the headboard as well, to make it classier with some crown molding or something.





Yes, that's a Ninja Turtles pillow case.  I take my pillow when I travel, and I don't want it to get mixed up with the hotel pillows.

Also, as you can see, we (well Lindy) finally found another nightstand for Jesse's side of the bed.  I finally got it painted and Jesse put it in place and trashed the crappy old one.

It was so nice to come home to a clean house.  I sure do love that boy.  He is the best.  

Also, it turns out Jesse is quite the dancer!  We played Just Dance at my mom's a few weeks ago.  And yes, I danced too.  And I looked ridiculous.  I need to get my mom to send me the video.  But here's a couple pictures from us dancing to Aha's "Take On Me."  It was my jam. 



 We rock.

P.S. If you see any good solid wood furniture or just a pile of wood on the side of the road, please let Jesse know.  He will be ever so grateful.

3 comments:

  1. haha i love the pillaging spirit of the hansen clan! that's so smart to repurpose road side finds! (and green!) can't wait to see what projects he makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided I really like Jesse. I always laugh when you talk about him. And I love that he is younger than you. Oh and I did DDR when I was super pregnant, there's something funny about a front-heavy woman bouncing around to music. I want to see that video

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the headboard! It's totally classy. Also, around 8:30 last night I heard some loud banging. I look at Cory and I say, "I'll bet you 100 dollars that is coming from Jesse and Tanya's porch." I was totally right. :) I can't wait to see what he builds!

    ReplyDelete