Sunday, January 27, 2013

Nathaniel is 3 Months!

I can't believe my little man is already 3-months-old!  He is such a big boy!  I don't know what he weighs or anything, but he has definitely grown a ton.  That boy loves to eat!

Some things about him lately:
  • He is still wearing 0-3 month pants, but he can wear some 3 month onesies and sleepers.  He's still in size 1 diapers.
  • He really likes to grab his blankets, his own clothes, and my hair.  Ouch
  • He really hates tummy time these days.  He used to enjoy it.
  • He liked the Bumbo the first time I put him in it, but every time since then, he just screams.
  • He likes his Jumparoo and walker, even though he's too short to really enjoy them fully.
  • He screams when we put him in his car seat.
  • Instead of screaming for half the car ride and sleeping for the other half, he's finally started to be happy and just sit back there talking to himself.  And he seems to drool the whole time too.
  • He likes his swing.  He doesn't scream in there.
  • He LOVES baths.  If he's in his screaming mode at night, all we have to do is strip him down and take him in the bathroom and he gets happy.  
  • He splashes like crazy in the tub.  Mommy, Daddy, and the bathroom end up soaked every time.
  • He screams.  All the time.  Still.
  • He smiles and makes giggly type sounds a lot more.  But that can quickly turn to screaming...
  • He's been eating every two hours or so.  
  • He sucks, well really chews, on his fists non-stop.  I think he's finally understanding that his hands can do things.  
  • He likes to watch movies and shows on the projector.  He will sit calmly on my lap and just stare at the wall.  I think he likes the colors and lights.
  • His hair is rubbing off in the back.
  • He loves going outside and riding in his stroller.
  • He still won't go down for naps.  He will nap if someone is holding him or if he's in his car seat.  If he's still sleeping when I get to work in the morning or when I get back from lunch, I leave him in there until he wakes up.
  • He loves to stare at odd things: my filing cabinet, the couch, a couch pillow (which at least has some different colors and flowers), and now my printer at work.
  • He's also starting to sleep longer at night.  Sometimes 4-6 hour stretches.  It's quite nice.  But it's a huge fight to get him to go to sleep in the first place.
  • He "talks" a lot.  Sometimes it's just cute cooing, sometimes it's excited yelling, but usually it's angry yelling.
  • He loooves to stand up.  He has loved this for a while now.  He has very strong legs and has always had good head control.  
  • He also likes to sit up.  He's not a huge fan of laying down.
  • He rolled over once, but he won't do it again.  Since then he either spends tummy time sucking on his fist or screaming and kicking his feet.
  • He loves diaper changes.
  • He's done lots of other fun stuff that I can't think of right now.
Here's some pictures:
 Standing up!
Jumparoo!  His arms usually stay down...
Om nom nom.

"I look good."  This is a nightly ritual pre-bath.

 Splashing in the tub!


He stared at it for 15 minutes.  He only stopped because it was 5:00.
He's so close to sitting up unsupported.

Milk drunk and sleeping on my nursing pillow.

This is the only way I could get him to nap while I got ready for my audit.

Just cruisin' in his walker car.
Happy boy at lunch.

Still looks nothing like me.  But I love his fuzzy hair :)









3 comments:

  1. time is flying by!!

    your outfit was so cute today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe he's already three months! he babbles to himself?! that's the cutest! and yes, he looks like jesse's twin!

    love that church outfit! all i need is the shirt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that mirror picture! And also the pictures of you and Nathaniel!!

    ReplyDelete