Friday, July 26, 2013

Jesse's Birthday

Wednesday was Jesse's 26th birthday!  Since life is a little busy right now, and we are in the middle of trying to close on our house, and working, I planned to take Jesse out for dinner right after work.  Since my sister is watching Nathaniel during the day, I just asked if they would keep him for a few extra hours.  Of course they had no complaints.  My mom was thrilled to come home and hang with him.

We met up for lunch that day at Jersey Mike's, since Jesse had a free birthday combo.  We ran into Andrew 2 there, so we had lunch with him.  Then we went right back to work.

After work, we met up at home and then rode together over to Texas Roadhouse.  We had a free appetizer, so we got some fried pickles.  Jesse spilled a bunch of the ranch on the table.  I got the special, which was an 8 oz. sirloin, 3 shrimp, and 2 sides.   Jesse got a giant rib eye, and two sides (one of which was a giant plate of cheesy bacon fries).  Plus the rolls with cinnamon butter.  It was too much.

We went and picked up Nathaniel and got him home and to bed.  I forgot to wrap Jesse's presents, and the wrapping supplies are in the closet in Nathaniel's room, so I just let him open them out of the store bags...  I know, I'm terrible.  But I didn't want to wait until the next day for him to open them.

I also baked him some white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, since they are apparently one of his favorites, which he claims he's told me several times (I don't think he really has).


Anywho, here are a few pictures from the evening.
Birthday Boy!
I did not tell him to do that.
Family picture!  I swear we didn't coordinate on purpose.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Jesse!! I'm so happy you guys were able to go to dinner together. It must had been a nice relaxing time before the storm of packing and moving starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jesse! I forget every year that we have the same birthday. His sounds way better than mine (babysitting my niece and nephew for the entire week). It's always nice to have a kid-free night out that includes fried pickles and presents

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay happy birthday jesse! and yay for willing babysitters so you can take your man out and treat him right on his special day! and don't feel bad about the not wrapping thing. i did the same thing this year for brett!

    p.s. looking at your header picture is so nuts! can't believe how big nathaniel's getting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Jesse! More importantly, Tanya, you are so hot in this picture!

    ReplyDelete