Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pregnancy Update

Seeing as I'm now 30+ weeks, I guess it's time for a little update. In some ways, this pregnancy is moving right along and flying by, and in other ways, it feels I've still got a long way to go. I'm down to appointments every two weeks now. How did we get here already? But the good news is that so far, my blood pressure is perfect. I'm pretty sure my bp started climbing little by little around 25 or 26 weeks with Nathaniel, so I'm feeling pretty confident that I won't have issues.

Symptoms:
My feet started swelling a bit off and on around 26 weeks, but some days they are perfectly normal. So far, no swelling in my face or hands. Also a good sign. Luckily, my nausea slowly drifted away around 18 weeks or so. I still have days where I feel sick, but I haven't been throwing up, which is great. I have developed back pain much earlier this time around and I've had a few of the most horrible leg cramps I've ever experienced, but I just remind myself that the nausea is much worse. I've also had a few random nose bleeds. Just one nostril, and not like gushing, but still annoying. I've got heartburn most days, but Zantac usually does the trick. And I pee like every five minutes. Sneezing and coughing are dangerous activities.

Cravings:
Mostly I crave sugary crap, which is a problem. I've been trying so hard to be good, but some days those cravings are so bad that I'm pretty sure I'll punch someone in the face if I don't get that dessert I want. I've been doing much better about my snack choices, though. I eat hard boiled eggs and lots of fresh fruit and veggies for my snacks at work. Lunch is the meal that gets me. I always want to go out to lunch, and let's face it, there aren't a lot of healthy options out there...

Weight Gain:
Initially, I lost about 7 pounds from morning sickness. I gained it back and then some... Currently, I've gained 24 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained a total of 42 pounds with Nathaniel (I'm pretty sure a small chunk of that was my swollen feet!) and I'm hoping to stay below 35 pounds gained total, but we'll see. If I can keep my dessert consumption in control then maybe there's hope.

Movement:
This little girl moves so much! Any time I eat, I know she will start up some gymnastics. I started feeling her earlier than Nathaniel, right around 17 weeks. By 20 weeks, Jesse could feel her too. For probably two months now, her movements have been visible from the outside. It's so weird to watch! I thought Nathaniel was crazy, but now I'm nervous that this one's gonna be even more wild.

Nursery:
I've actually gotten a lot done for this little girl's nursery. I painted her crib, dresser, a mirror, and some shelves, and I've purchased the fabric for her quilt, but I haven't started on that project yet. Since we don't want to put either kid upstairs right now, we've decided to convert one of our walk-in closets into a little nursery. We have our master bedroom and Nathaniel's bedroom downstairs. We have a pretty ridiculous addition built on to the master that has two good-sized closets. We're going to use the closet that has a window and a door and is a little farther away from us, so that eventually when we move her, it'll feel like she's down the hall and not right next to the laundry room. Jesse got all our clothes moved out and took down the shelves. He still needs to take down the popcorn ceilings and then we need to paint the walls and put in a new piece of carpet. Other than that, we're pretty close to being done with this project. Of course, she will sleep in our room, close to my side of the bed for a while, but it will be nice to have her own place to move her into down the road. Nathaniel's room is just too small for two babies, and I really don't want either of them waking each other up.

I haven't taken a ton of pictures this time, but here are a few:
21 weeks

24 weeks

25 weeks

30 weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment