Tuesday, September 16, 2014

More Nathaniel-isms

Lately, he seems to only eat "jelly sandwiches" (peanut butter and jelly). He eats them for breakfast, sometimes lunch, and often for dinner. He won't even try what we put in front of him if it's not a jelly sandwich. He still loves Goldfish, fruit snacks, yogurt, applesauce, Nutrigrains, peanuts, and chips, but he's pretty picky about anything else. Oh, and he loves Chick-fil-A. And he drinks a ton of milk.

He's been putting sentences together so well lately. He is also using "I" a lot more than "Nate" when referring to himself. He narrates most of what he does now. As he walks across the living room to pick up Elmo, he'll say "I get Elmo." He also likes to show his toys to anyone who is around, including the cats. At my mom's the other night, he had a little stuffed tiger and he said "show Timmy." Timmy is a cat. So he went over and held up the tiger and said, "I got tiger, Timmy." Timmy was thrilled. He lost his Elmo car toy in his car seat and when I went to get him out of the car, he said "let's find Elmo."

He loves to count. If we ask him how many of something he has, he'll count it, but he doesn't stop counting. If we ask him how many hands he has, he'll count both hands and then keep going until 6 or 7.

He's been learning that words start with letters. He knows that cookie starts with c, Elmo starts with e, Anakin starts with a, Boba Fett starts with b, Vulture Droid starts with v, Wookiee starts with w, Daddy starts with d, Darth Vader starts with d, and usually that Mommy starts with m and Nate starts with n.

He is still obsessed with The Lion King. He asks to watch it every day. He tells me every day that Scar's mean, and usually wants me to sing "Be Prepared." And he says "hakuna matata" all the time.

He's also still obsessed with Sesame Street and wants us to sing or watch "C Cookie for Me" and "I Love Trash Can" all the time. He is learning lots of songs and can sing the whole alphabet, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Three Little Monkeys, and parts of The Ants Go Marching, and Ring Around the Rosies.

He loves to make his toys dance in the car and usually hands me one and says "dance to music." So I hold it up where he can see it in his mirror for a minute.

He loves phones and seeing pictures and videos of himself. He will only let me take videos of him if I have the camera flipped so he can see himself. He thinks remotes are phones. He picked one up and called it a phone. I asked if he was going to call somebody. He held the remote to his ear and said loudly, "Somebody! Anybody! Help!"

He likes to sit on the toilet and read books, but he doesn't go potty much. He tells us every time he's pooping (he says it both for peeing and pooping), but most of the time we don't get to the toilet in time.

One of my favorite things is when he shows concern. Any time I say "ouch!" (I'm very clumsy) or scream or cry, he always asks, "okay, Mommy?" If I cry for any reason (which I do frequently these days), he gets really sad and cries too. If I jump because of a bug or something, he still laughs at me, though.

He's my favorite.

Making a jelly sandwich.
He loved the bike!
I think he wanted to take my picture?
I really don't know what angers him so much sometimes...
But his tantrums are always pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. Okay--he looks so GROWN UP sitting on that bike! I can't even take it. And I'm super impressed that he's counting! I'm glad you found something he'll eat on a regular basis. We're right behind you on the picky eating phase, and so far it's been awful. I love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is not old enough for a tricycle, is he? He is just growing up way too fast. His tantrums crack me up. Love that little guy so much!

    ReplyDelete