Friday, December 12, 2014

Evelyn's First Month



 I'm behind again, surprise, surprise. Evelyn turned one month on November 22nd! I think my last post (which was also late) covered a bit of her first few weeks already, so I'll try not to be repetative.

One month stats:
Weight: 10 pounds 14 ounces, 90th percentile
Height: 22.5 inches, 95th percentile
Head Size: 38.5 cm, 95th percentile

So far, she's quite the opposite of her big brother, size-wise. She gained 2 pounds 10 ounces in her first month. She quickly outgrew most of her newborn clothes, but the 0-3 clothes don't fit right either. I had to move her into size 1 diapers before we used up all of our newborn size... Oh well. I'll save them for the next kid.

She started out very sleepy the first few weeks. She soon started to stay wide awake all  night. One night I brought her in bed with me to nurse and she's slept there ever since. I said I'd never co-sleep, but here I am, eating my words.

She fought me with nursing in the beginning too. It took about a week and a half for her to get the hang of it, and I banked some frozen breast milk in the meantime (like, more than two gallons to be exact). She's pretty fussy, much like Nathaniel was. I'm hoping this doesn't last as long as it did with him. She has some intense screaming fits most days, but also has some short stretches of being awake and happy. She hates being put down and most of the time will wake up if I set her down asleep. Can't get much done...

I've had lots of fun dressing her, though.














Aunt Krissie's wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment