Monday, May 4, 2015

Evelyn's Sixth Month

 
Six months already! I can't believe it. Evelyn is still the sweetest girlie. She loves to smile and laugh. She loves to be up and moving. She is trying so hard to crawl, but just can't figure out the forward motion yet. She can go backwards and in a circle, and can basically roll across a room.

She tried squash and liked it. Then she tried sweet potatoes and didn't like squash anymore. She was so ready to eat, she had her mouth wide open and threw herself at the spoon. She is teething pretty hard but hasn't cut a tooth yet. She will chomp on just about anything she can get into her mouth. (Luckily, not when she's nursing, though.) She constantly has two fingers in her mouth.

She loves to jump and use the walker. She loves to try and grab any toy or object Nate has. She watches him constantly and still thinks he's the funniest. Nate tries to climb on her and hold her, and she doesn't mind one bit.

I started to transition her out of my bed this month. I put her down between 7 and 8 and she would go right to sleep. I'd go get her when I went to bed and we'd sleep together. After a few weeks of that I started leaving her until she woke up, and she slept through the night multiple times! Then I moved her to her crib (instead of the Rock 'n Play sleeper) and she did great. The motor in our swing broke, so I started having her nap in her room, and as long as she's in the sleeper, she does great.

She is moving into some 9-and 12-month clothes and I've moved her into size 3 diapers for the most part. She's up to about 18 pounds (in the 81 percentile), and about 27 inches (somewhere in the 90's for percentile. I don't remember her head size, but it's in the 90's too. Our new doctor doesn't write the size and percentile info down for us, so I'm just doing this from memory.



















No comments:

Post a Comment