Monday, May 4, 2015

Nathaniel is 2.5!

Nate is such a big boy. It's crazy! He's getting so tall. He's still super skinny, though. His thighs are the same size as Evelyn's. He mostly wears 2T these days, but can still fit into smaller clothes. He weighs about 30 pounds and hasn't gained any in 6 months.

He is so picky! I swear he goes days without eating anything substantial. He loves milk and would drink it non-stop all day if I let him. He will always eat Panda Express orange chicken. He doesn't really like PB&J anymore. I really don't know what he likes, besides fruit snacks. It's ridiculous.

He loves his baby sister so much. He hugs her, kisses her, and tries to pick her up. He tells her he will protect her. Whenever she's not in the room with us, he asks about her. It is so sweet to see how much he loves her.

He loves to play with Amelia. He gets so excited any time we go to Lindy's house. I think he wants to live there. Amelia is totally his best friend. He likes to boss her around and tries to speak for her all the time. It gets old ... He also loves to play with Max and Preston. He especially loves going to the Tallahassee Museum with them.

He loves to play hard. He loves to run and jump and climb. He loves slides and really loves swings. Baby swings are his favorite kind. He likes to look at squirrels through the window, and really loves lizards. He loves to draw and he's getting pretty good. He loves movies too much. His favorites these days are Wreck-It Ralph, Aladdin, Big Hero 6, The Lion King, Brave, Tangled, Monsters Inc. and Monsters University. He loves to quote movies. Some of my favorite movie quotes from him are "like a mangy dog chasing a cautionary tale (Wreck-It Ralph), "Danger? ha, I laugh in the face of danger! hahahaha" (The Lion King) and "Two-faced son a jackyl! (Aladdin).

He loves names. He always asks who random strangers are. He loves to name all of his toys. Some of his most common names lately are "Don't Stop Believin'," "Separate Ways Journey," "Wreck-It Ralph," "Marahute" (from Rescuers Down Under),  "Fred," "Cody," "Baymax," and "Simon." He's very imaginative and plays very well on his own. His toys regularly take on alter egos. His favorite little Grover finger puppet is "Perry" (no idea where that's from), "Cody" (from Rescuers Down Under, and one time he put a tissue over his head and said it was Lehi. "He told the people to be good." Apparently he listens very well in nursery.

He loves to talk, talk, talk. He speaks very clearly and can repeat lots of big words. He loves to play with letters and "spell" things. I've been keeping track of some of the crazy things he says. Some of my favorites:

"Do you fink I look fat?"
"Tanya, do you know I love you, Tanya?"
To Amelia, in the Costco parking lot: "you don't want to get hit, do ya?"
"I have breast milk in my shirt."
"Andrew was a Plublix man. Krissie was a Plublix lady."
Looking at his messy playroom: "Look at this mess daddy made!"
"I know, right?"

"I wanna watch Potty Train Your Dragon ... "
"I want a dragon ... "
"Maybe we'll get a dragon."

Me: "We will, we will rock you."
Nate: "To sleeeeeep."
Repeated several times.

Me: "Do you want to watch a movie for quiet time?"
Nate: "I can only watch Star Wars."

Me: "Did you learn about Jesus in nursery today?"
Nate: "Do you remember he died for everybody? That he was here for everybody? Yeah. The people were so happy when he came. To the house. He's my brother!"

While watching Beauty and the Beast: "It's okay, baby. It's just thunder. I'll protect you."

And on a daily basis "we don't, [insert bad behavior], okay?"

This could go on for a while, so I'll stop there and end with some pictures of my silly little man.

































No comments:

Post a Comment