Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Evelyn's Eleventh Month



First of all, how is she already eleven months? Second of all, isn't she just the sweetest little ray of sunshine??? I mean, she has her cranky moments, but her bright blue eyes and wide smile just make me so happy. And she even smiles for pictures!

We just love our little Evelynnie so much. She is usually happy, loves to smile, squeal, and she's even laughing more. She laughs so much on the "mommy-and-me" swing at the park. She laughs when we blow raspberries on her belly or tickle her neck. She squeals with delight over puppies and kitties. She loves stuffed animals, dinosaurs, Duplos, and Star Wars figurines. Seriously, she will crawl around with Luke and Leia in her hands, and if Nate snatches them from her she wails. It's great.

She is still into everything. She does not like to be held against her will. She wants to get down and be a part of the action. She isn't walking yet, but she loves to give it a try while holding onto my fingers. She's got great balance and I'm sure she could do it on her own, but I think she's a little hesitant. And with Nate always pushing her down, I don't blame her. She is really into climbing stairs, climbing benches, climbing from the couch onto the end table. It drives me crazy! I'm not super worried about her falling; I'm more worried about Nate intervening. He's pretty rough with her these days, but she still adores him. She does flinch or crawl to me when he approaches her sometimes.

She loves clapping, she's getting pretty good at high-fives, and her favorite game is peek-a-boo. She will play it with any fabric she can get: clothes, towels, blankets, curtains. It's ridiculously adorable. She isn't really saying words beyond "Dada" whenever Jesse enters a room. She gets so excited and jumps up and down and shoves her head into my shoulder. She also gets excited when she sees a dog, real or stuffed, and points and says "dah dah dah" over and over. I'm pretty sure she's saying "dog." She says "mama" occasionally, but it's mostly when she's hungry or mad. She shouts "nanananana" a lot. Sometimes she does it when she wants more food or something, but sometimes I think she yells it at Nate because she hears me yell "no no no!" so much . . .

This girl is all about the food. If there is food in her line of sight, she wants it and will freak out until she gets it. She still has no teeth and no signs of any soon, but girl can chow down on some food. She loves black beans, cheese, brown rice, avocado, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, canned carrots, canned peas, canned green beans, baby food veggie and meat blends as long as they're in a squeezy pouch, apple sauce or other baby fruits also in a pouch, yogurt, Cheerio's, and especially veggie straws. Sometimes I think she looks at Nate's neglected plate at every meal and thinks he must be crazy because she'd eat it all if we'd let her.

She sure is a sweet baby and I can't believe I'm already planning her first birthday. Time needs to slow down!























No comments:

Post a Comment