Monday, November 8, 2010

MTV Cribs: Hansen Edition

So Mondays are my cleaning, laundry, and errands day.  I had my whole house clean by about 10 this morning.  That's what can happen when you get up early.  And have a small house... But that's beside the point. Also, I fear I have permanently stained the bathroom counter from my hair-dying adventures.  Note to self:  When bleaching entire house, do NOT wear a shirt you actually like and wear in public.  That shirt is now a cleanin' shirt.
Anyway, since my house is clean and looking cute, I thought I'd snap a few pictures to share.


The bedroom.  Obviously.  The bed is usually not made up nice like this, but it looks so darn good!

The bathroom.

 Notice the picture of Jesus above the toilet.  Jesse says he feels like he's being watched now when he pees.

The kitchen.  This one is hard to keep clean and cute cuz it's just a gross kitchen to begin with.  But I try my best.


My beautiful washer and dryer Jesse surprised me with!  Isn't he just the sweetest?

Dining area.  Kendal made those super-cute place mats and Lindy re-upholstered those chairs. 

And finally, the living room.



Look how cute Jesse was in 2nd grade!

Admittedly, I went a little overboard with the teal.  I think the lamp and couch pillows pushed it over the edge. But Target just has such cute stuff and it all matches!  And now that I've got it, I'm gonna use it!

Also, Jesse informed our landlord last week that we have a disgusting amount of black mold growing in one of our kitchen cabinets but they have yet to come and do anything about it.  They came immediately to replace the seal around our front door because we could see daylight coming in and it was letting in some cold air.  Personally I feel that mold is a more pressing issue.  If we die, they will be getting sued!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh we have 1. the same bedding and 2. the same bathroom towels! Except I accidently discolored our blue towels because I washed them with a green tablecloth and a red tablecloth. Mind you this was the first time washing both tablecloths. HAHA Your place looks amazing though =) I'm happy to see that the place mats are in use and not just out when I'm there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Kendal, we were talking about the place mats when Chris came to home teach us. We informed him that they are always on our table! And they are! I love them. I guess no one has really seen my house since we had a few bachelorette parties and it wasn't all set up back then.
    Also, it's great bedding! Looks so fancy shmancy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Your house is so cute! I don't think you went overboard with the teal at all! I think it's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel ya on the impossible-to-make-look-like-it's-clean kitchen. our linoleum was purposely patterned to look dirty to hide dirt? but that means it never looks clean! bah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all! Also, I think you have the perfect balance of teal. When you find a good thing, you stick with it, you know?

    ReplyDelete