Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ramblings after a long day at work.

So, let me start out by saying that people suck at tipping!! If you go out to eat and your service is good, leave a good tip.  Servers make 4 bucks an hour, less in some states.  A $5 tip on a $40 bill is NOT a good tip.  Usually I like my job but when I'm getting 10-12% tips all night, I get a little angry!!

Anywho, ranting aside, I'm really excited that it's November!  My birthday is approaching, and this year it's my golden birthday.  I make a big deal out of birthdays, so I'm pretty excited.  This birthday better not let me down!

Also, since it's November, I've decided it is o.k. to begin listening to Christmas music.  Now I don't do it full-time, but I think a little bit here or there is perfectly acceptable!  I don't see why listening to music about Jesus bothers people! Haha.  I've also started watching Christmas movies to kick off the holiday season.  We watched Home Alone the other night, which is one of my all-time favorites, and then Elf last night, also a great one.

So I have these really cute jeans I bought from Gap last year.  Since they're Gap you'd think they'd be good quality.  Guess again.  After wearing them maybe 5 times last year, the button broke off.  So the other night I got a little crazy and decided to sew it back on.  It was a success!! The next day I put them on and there's a freakin' hole in the crotch!!!  These are seriously cute jeans, so needless to say, I was pretty mad. 

Once you get started, this whole blogging thing just kinda keeps flowing.  I can't stop!!

I never got around to carving my pumpkin before Halloween, so I'm thinking I might carve a turkey and call it a Thanksgiving pumpkin.  I just need to hurry before it starts to rot.

O.k., well, I think I've rambled enough for the night, and it might be time for another Christmas movie!! Wahoo!

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Bad tips are dumb.
    You are such a good blogger :)
    Also, I think it takes a really, really long time for a pumpkin to rot, as long as you don't cut it at all. Last Halloween, I left a small pumpkin in Marianna on accident. And it was still in good shape in February...but I can't wait to see your turkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo golden birthday! me and you are in the same boat cause our golden birthday and 25th birthday are back to back, cause i think both are a big deal (no pressure on brett, ha sike!)

    i never carved mine either! i found a stencil online for fall leaves that i think i might try.

    sorry about the lame jeans! i guess that means you just have to walk around with a patch on your crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this post made me smile :) Ever since you told me about your experiences getting tipped while working at the Bass Pro restaurant I have tried to be a really good tipper when they deserve it, just for you :)

    ReplyDelete