Wednesday, September 14, 2011

School

So I'm taking Children's Lit right now.  And let me just say, there are some dumb people in the class.  It's annoying.  We spent two days going over ridiculous questions that had already been answered and were in the syllabus.  (My class is almost 3.5 hours long).  We spent a good fifteen minutes one night talking about where you can purchase a book.  We covered the different book stores in town, all of the libraries, and second-hand stores as well.  But, the saddest thing was last night, when our teacher said she needed to discuss some things about grammar with the class.

The first thing she said is "never start a sentence with the word "me."  Wow.  The fact that she had to tell this to a group of people who want to teach children is scary to me.  She also told us not to use "I" at the end of a sentence.  This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  People were corrected for so long, that now they overuse "I."  The next thing she told us was not to use the word "was."  As in "we was."  Yikes.  Not to sound mean, but if some of these people become teachers, I may have to home school my children...

Anywho, we had to make poetry books for the class, and I think mine is cute.  I made everything myself, out of construction paper and scrapbook paper.  (Well, except for the title, Lindy's Cricut made those letters).


 The Monster Museum

 Let's Go Hunt Dragons

 A Sea-Serpent Saw a Big Tanker

 Its Fangs Were Red

 So Big!

 The Truth About the Abominable Footprint


I think my teacher liked it.

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeek. Seriously. This is one of the reasons we're leaning towards homeschooling our kiddos. The "we was" thing is one of my biggest pet peeves ever...yuck! On a happy, positive note thought...I love your poetry book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great poetry book! My mom took a children's lit class through BYU Independent Study a couple years ago, it sounded fun! I can't believe your class!! It will make it easier for you to get better grades though, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's hilarious, that's education classes for you!

    your book is so cute! i looove jack prelutsky! my mom bought me his halloween book recently cause i had that thing memorized in preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The monsters look so good! I love it!

    Also, your class stories are really, really frightening. Me thought all those rules were common sense.

    See what I did there? That little joke was physically painful for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Love it. Also, my teacher did not address the fact that we do not use the word "axe" when we are talking about questions.

    ReplyDelete