Friday, May 11, 2012

12 Weeks!

I'm 12 weeks!  Yay!  I was really hoping that 12 would be the magic number and that my nausea would hit the road.  I've been counting down the days.  I had a really good few days and even went a whole week without puking last week.  Monday I felt almost like a normal person.  Then Tuesday happened.

It was horrible!! I puked all day long, couldn't keep anything down, not even water, and could hardly get anything down in the first place.  I went home from work early, took a whole Phenergan, and went to sleep at 4.  I slept until almost 10, got up to eat and shower, and then went back to sleep for the rest of the night.  All-in-all, I got like 15 hours.  The next day I felt quite a bit better.  So I'm hoping that Tuesday was like one last blow-out before things improve.  Things have to get worse before they get better, right?  Right???

I had Jesse take a couple of pictures last night.  I'm pretty sure all the puking from Tuesday made my stomach pop out just a little bit less.  haha.  Oh, and after my last post, Jesse apologized and said he sounded like a jerk on my blog.  I promise, he's not a jerk.  He's actually very sweet and pretty much lets me do whatever I want.  Except go to the Prenatal Experience to find out the sex of the baby three weeks earlier than my doctor will.  He thinks it's a waste of money and there are so many other things we can do with the money.  We could buy diapers, new maternity clothes, blah, blah, blah.  I just wanna know now!!


 And yes, I'm totally wearing maternity pants.  I don't need to wear them yet, but they are quite comfy, and I also really need to do some laundry...

This morning I went in for this diagnostic ultrasound.  It's basically to see if your baby could potentially have Down Syndrome or Fragile X or some other chromosomal issue.  I guess some people use this to determine whether or not to terminate pregnancy.  This is not the case with me.  I will have/love my baby no matter what!  But I think it would be nice to be prepared if my baby was going to have a disability.  There can be a lot of medical issues and money involved.  Anyway, so far they said everything looks great.  The baby is growing as it should.  I have to get blood work done, but I'm not worried.  Also, I just really wanted to see the baby again!!  And boy was he/she wide awake and kicking!  Literally.  The baby kept kicking those feet up.  It was super cute!  Here's a few ultrasound pics.  Hopefully you can tell it's a baby.

 Baby has fingers!

 Sorry about the poor quality, I just took a picture of the pictures...


Well, that's about all I have for now!

3 comments:

  1. The prenatal experience is SO not a waste of money. Ok, maybe if you go twice like Michael and I it may be, but fot the gender reveal it's totally worth it. Point out tob him that you get a dvd of the entire u\s and how cool it will be for your child to watch it down the road and see themselves in action. Movies are ALWAYS better then pictures! Good luck convincing him! And I agree that maternity pants are the best! My uncles wife pointed out to me that even after the baby comes, the pants are perfect for thanksgiving dinners! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with lindley! the prenatal experience was the best decision we made! granted we had grandma's willing to pay for some if they could come and watch, but have jesse talk to lance about it! he'll tell him it was worth the money and really cool to do!! you should secretly save money for it!
    p.s. we have match maternity shorts now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree!!! You have been so miserable that it's totally worth it to find out. Granted it's only about three weeks early, but for me it was three weeks that I didn't have to agonize over what I was having. And if you are anything like me you are so MISERABLE that you need something to take your mind off your misery. Yeah, they give you a DVD and tons of pictures... and if they can't tell they schedule you again for free to come back. It's soooooo worth it :)

    ReplyDelete