Monday, June 18, 2012

Family Cafe Weekend

This past weekend was The 14th Annual Family Cafe.  We went down Wednesday night and got back Sunday night.  It's a big disability conference with somewhere around 6,000 or 7,000 attendees.  I get to wear a chef coat and be on my feet for four days!  Also, I get to listen to lots of people complain to me about stuff.  I don't know why people complain so much when we put on a nice, free conference for them, full of tons of useful information.  But we had some really nice people, too.  It wasn't all complaints! 

Thursday there was a training.  I sat at the registration desk for that training and then at the Exhibitor registration booth.  Thursday Jesse went to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure.  By himself.  Yep.  We have annual passes to the parks, but I can't ride any rides anymore, so it's not really fun to go.  But since we were in Orlando anyway, he wanted to go.  He didn't mind going alone, and he was able to ride almost all the rides pretty quickly.  I'm glad he's so self-sufficient.

Other than that, the next three days were filled with running around a lot.  It was good to be on my feet, but my new shoes were not completely broken in, and my feet were hurting!  One night, Jesse and I were able to hit up the pool.  The Hilton has a really nice pool and a lazy river!  It was great and relaxing, but I was so bummed that I couldn't go soak in the hot tub.  After the pool, I had Jesse take a few pictures of me.  I got a super cute new maternity swimsuit.  Also, I think 17 weeks for me is the time when I just "balloon" as someone said.  But I'm not naming names.  haha.  And I really don't get offended by that kind of stuff.  I don't mind if people say I'm showing or whatever.  Anywho, the swimsuit also seems to really accentuate my ballooning stomach. 


Yeah.  Whoa. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your little bump is so cute! And that bathing suit is awesome. I want a new suit before we go out to AZ, so I need to get on that STAT! I'm glad the conference went well, but I bet you're exhausted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Suit!! I love the polka dots. Goodness that's a long weekend but probably really fulfilling =)

    ReplyDelete