Saturday, September 15, 2012

One Last Craft and Updates

I decided to make a cute little animal mobile with some felt and some wood and some fishing line.  I started a while ago, but I finally got it finished and hung today.  And, we hung it over the crib!  Yep, the crib came yesterday.  My lovely grandma ordered it for us.  Anyway, we (mostly Jesse) spent a good bit of time last night reorganizing the baby's room.  We moved a bunch of junk into our room. Yahoo!  Okay, well, Jesse moved the stuff.  And then I watched while Jesse put the crib together.  I did help hold things in place a couple times.  And I vacuumed, which is usually more of a Jesse job.  Anyway, here's some pictures.

Elephant

Giraffe

Lion

Zebra

Tree

Now that it's hung up, it looks a little janky to me, but I'm sure Nathan will still like it.

Unfortunately, the way the crib is, the crib skirt also looks a little funky.  If I feel up to it, I may lower the crib skirt and hem the bottom much higher so that the colorful part hangs below the crib and isn't blocked by the bars.

The room is really starting to come together!

Also, I bought this super adorable outfit at Old Navy.  It's sooooooo cute!

For the mobile, I just freehand drew some animals and cut them out on paper.  Then I cut out some felt versions and sewed them together with some batting inside.  I bought some dowels at Walmart and wrapped them in twine.  We hung the mobile from the ceiling with fishing line, and I used some hot glue here and there.

Also, I feel like maybe I should go back to my November 22nd due date.  I guess it's what my doctor is still going by, and my tummy is measuring right on track.  So, it looks like I'm 30 weeks instead of 31.  Oh well, I guess it's only a six-day difference.  And hey, maybe he'll be born on my birthday.  That could be cool.

Other than that, I'm super antsy for him to get here!  I still have to take Zofran every day for nausea, but I haven't thrown up in a couple of weeks, which is nice.  And I cut down my Zofran dosage in half, so I don't get the side effects quite as much.  I've gained 36 pounds at this point, and my feet have been pretty swollen lately.  Although, the few days this week where the weather cooled down and the humidity took a break, my feet were completely normal-sized.  It was awesome.  My belly button is still on it's way to being an outie.  It's getting really close.  At this point it's kind of flattened out, but I'm sure it'll be all out soon.  I'm still able to sleep pretty well at night.  Jesse bought me a nice pregnancy/nursing pillow.  That helps me stay comfy at night, and now we don't need to get a Boppy!  I wake up at least four times to pee and occasionally wake up from the acid in my throat, but I'm still able to sleep, so I'm happy.  I'm really excited for upcoming baby showers and more frequent doctors appointments.  haha.  I just love going and sitting in the lobby for an hour, then sitting in a room for another half hour, and then seeing the doctor for five minutes or less.  Totally awesome.  Nathan moves around a whole lot and it's fun to watch my stomach making waves and jumping around.  I love it.  I can't wait to hold him and snuggle him, but I definitely want him to cook as long as possible!

2 comments:

  1. I guess it took having a baby for you to realize how incredibly talented you are! Well, you have always had many talents...now you can add craftiness to the list! I am so proud and impressed with everything you have made. Lucky little Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mobile. So cute. Also, I'd suggest getting a video of your stomach when Nathan is being particularly active. I'm so glad I did, I love watching how much my belly moved.

    ReplyDelete