Thursday, November 29, 2012

Count Your Blessings

So, since my last two posts were downer, whiney posts, I decided I should look at the positive.  This isn't to brag or anything, just to remind myself that good stuff has happened lately too.

  • Even though I had preeclampsia and my feet swelled up really badly, my face and hands never did.  I never had to take off any of my rings, even during delivery.
  • Even though my nasty feet were swollen for a while, they stopped swelling three days before my hospitalization/bed rest, and stayed normal from that point on.
  • Somehow I managed to not have any male doctors/medical professionals check me down there during my entire pregnancy and delivery.  I was expecting it, but I'm glad that it never happened!
  • Even though I had to be hospitalized and sometimes got lonely, it wasn't so bad.  It was my teenage dream come true.  I got to lay in bed, sleep, and watch TV, and nobody got after me.
  • All that pumping seems to be helping me lose the 42 pounds I gained during pregnancy. 
  • Even though we've had all the breast feeding issues, I've been very blessed to have a good supply of milk.  I have a few gallons saved up in the freezer.
  • As soon as Nathaniel was born and I was done with the Magnesium (that stuff is evil), my nausea went away completely!  After about 7 months of feeling like I had the stomach flu, that was awesome.
  • I can eat again!  After months of hating chicken and Chick-fil-A, I've had Chick-fil-A several times a week since I've been home.
  • Despite the vacuum and pretty nasty tearing, I seemed to recover pretty well.  I was driving and sitting pretty well five days after the birth. 
  • I am able to wear a few items of pre-pregnancy clothing.  I still wear maternity pants sometimes because they are comfortable, and only two pairs of regular jeans fit.
  • My blood pressure is completely normal again!
  • Nathaniel is up 3 pounds since birth.  He is still a little yellow, but the doctor said there's some sort of breast feeding jaundice that some babies get.  He wasn't too worried.
  • Despite all the breast feeding issues, we are making progress every day.
  • Even though I have to go back to work, I get to bring Nathaniel with me for a while.  That will make things sooo much easier!
  • Most of all, I get to spend my time with the best husband/father ever, and the cutest and sweetest little baby boy!  I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. 1. You deserve a medal for still trying breastfeed, I would have kept trying but my milk production was none even after pills and vitamins :(
    2. You are super lucky to be losing the weight so quicly.
    3. What an awesome blessing to be able to take Nathaniel to work with you
    4. His hair and face expressions are super cute

    ReplyDelete