Thursday, January 10, 2013

Life with Jesse

So I was originally going to post a funny story about Jesse, but first I have to brag about how sweet he is.  I'll still share the funny story, though.

So since Nathaniel was born, I've been a bit stressed out.  I am so blessed, but sometimes it just all gets so overwhelming.  I've been extra stressed out because I've been feeling like I'm living in filth.  I am a clean person.  I  shower every day.  I think there have been two days since Nathaniel was born that I didn't shower, and one of those was in the hospital while I was hooked up to Magnesium all day, recovering from giving birth the night before.  Anyway, our house has gotten really messy.  I'm okay with some clutter, but I don't like for things to feel germy.  Since I've been back at work and Jesse works, the house has suffered.  When we get home in the evening, we just don't have the energy to clean.  We keep up (somewhat) with the laundry and do okay with the kitchen.  It takes a lot out of us just to make some dinner and Nathaniel does not allow me to do anything else when Jesse isn't here.  Also, he is non-stop cranky.  He has to be held and pretty much nursing whenever he is awake. 

Jesse started class this week.  That means he has class Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and he still has Young Men/Scouts on Tuesdays.  Needless to say, after a full day of work and school/church, he's pretty wiped.  Well, this morning he got up early and cleaned the living room.  He cleaned it good.  He took the ornaments off the tree and took it down to the dumpster.  Yes, it was real, and we still had it up.  He vacuumed and rearranged the living room.  He folded the laundry and did two more loads.  He cleaned up the baby's room.  He cleaned the bathroom floor.  He already scrubbed the shower last night.  I'm sure he did more stuff that I haven't noticed, but I was sooo grateful to wake up to a clean house!  It really helps with all the stress I've been feeling.  Now when I sit at home in the evening watching Netflix and nursing Nathaniel for hours on end, at least it's in a clean room!

So basically Jesse is the best.  I love him so much, and he is the best daddy!  I'm pretty sure Nathaniel likes him way better than me.  He fusses for me non-stop, all day long, and when Jesse gets home, I hand him over and he is just happy.

OK, now the silly story.  Some of you have heard it. 

A few weeks back, when Nathaniel was maybe 3-weeks-old, Jesse called me and asked me if I was doing anything that Saturday.  I said I had a Relief Society activity and asked him why.  He said he wanted to drive up to Atlanta.  I asked why.
Jesse: "Well, they remodeled the temple, and I haven't been there since... And there's a guy who sells projectors there really cheap.  I want to buy them so I can fix them and resell them."
OK, there's the real reason.  Haha.  I explained that driving 10 hours round-trip in one day with a newborn would be a little bit much.  I would have to pump in the car, we'd have to stop and feed him constantly, and what would we do with him while we went to the temple?  He said we would switch off.  Yeah, okay, let's just drive five hours with a cranky newborn, spend 4+ hours at the temple, and then go buy some projectors and drive back five more hours.  All on a few hours of sleep.  Needless to say, we did not go.

A few weeks later, at 9 p.m., Jesse and I were driving home from dinner and I said I needed to get some milk out of the freezer to thaw for the next day.  He asked why, and I reminded him that I had a hair appointment and wanted to do a little Christmas shopping and he was going to have some bonding time with is son.  Then he decided to inform me that he was driving to Atlanta the next day.  Alone.  Ten hours.  For some projectors.  Oh, and he planned on leaving at 4 a.m.  I, of course, was not pleased.  I didn't want him to drive alone, on little sleep, to and from Atlanta in one day!  The school shooting had happened that day, so I think everyone was a little on-edge.  Of course I didn't think Jesse was going to get caught up in a shooting, but I was so worried that something would happen to him, driving there and back alone, on a few hours of sleep. 

After I calmed down, I told him he could not leave that early.  He didn't need to rush back for my hair appointment; I would have my mom and sister come with me.  I told him not to leave earlier than 6, but I guess he ended up leaving at 5. 

He got home that afternoon with what turned out to be about 140 projectors, which, by the way, he had already paid for through PayPal a few days earlier.  Luckily I'm a pretty nice wife and I don't get angry about that kind of stuff.  He spent several hours carrying his projectors up the stairs.  It's a good thing Nathaniel and I didn't go because he loaded up the Camry with those things and barely fit them all. 

Most of them are broken, but he can pretty easily fix them and resell them for a good profit.  If that's what he enjoys, then it's fine with me.  As long as it doesn't interfere with school. 

Also, please don't ask him for a projector.  He already got mad that I told people about this because he's afraid everyone is going to ask him for one.  Haha.  And he did pay for them.  And he needs to make back what he invested and then some.  He has them all locked up with a dead bolt.  I was upset at first about the whole thing, but now I just laugh about it.  He just wants to help us make a little more money. 

Oh, and I wanted to make sure he ate on the trip.  He said he ate some stuff he brought along.  So later on I asked him, "what did you bring to eat?"  He said, "some clementines and some Cheddar Bunnies."  He also picked up cheese danishes and Pringles at a gas station.  I was less than thrilled, but he assured me that he had a really big breakfast.  Of what, you ask?  LUCKY CHARMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment