Thursday, July 24, 2014

Gender Reveal and Her Name

So this post is only about two months late, but who cares!? With Nathaniel, we went to The Prenatal Experience to find out his gender at 15 weeks. Jesse is still disgruntled about that one (paying to find out early what we'd find out a few weeks later anyway). So this time, I agreed we didn't need to find out early, but thought a little gender reveal party would be fun. I was pretty sure it was going to be a girl, and I had all this pink stuff running through my head. My anatomy scan fell the day before we had to leave for a week-long conference in Orlando, so we threw the party that evening. I bought everything ahead of time, so I just bought both blue and pink stuff. I decided to make a pinata for the reveal. I had it all ready to go, and just had to add in the candy and stuff in the few hours between my appointment and the party. Quite a few people came, and it was a lot of fun!

I probably should've taken more pictures, but oh well. I guess that means I enjoyed myself. We had chicken salad and turkey sandwiches, chips, dip, fruit with fruit dip, blue and pink cupcakes, and blue and pink punch. I set up a table with a chalk board for everyone to write their guess on. I hung up a blue ribbon banner, a pink ribbon banner, and some blue and pink tissue paper pom poms. Confession: the blue ribbon banner is still up (it's been up since Nathaniel's birthday party in October), and the pom poms are still hanging up...


The only picture we have of the pinata.


Everybody was being pretty gentle with the pinata so others could get a chance. Finally we told BethAnn to just go for it and one single pink mint fell out. It was a little sad, so I grabbed the bat and busted the whole thing. I was hoping for it all to come raining down and surprise everyone, but since everyone had already seen the one pink thing, they already knew. Anyway, that was the party.

As far as her name goes, we are naming her Evelyn Marie. Evelyn was my grandma's name (mom's mom), and I've just always loved the name. She was very sick and died pretty young. I'm often told I look like her. Marie is my middle name and my mom's middle name.



We can't wait to meet our sweet little Evelyn. It's super adorable when Nathaniel says her name and I can't wait for them to be friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment